“There is no beauty in the finest cloth if it makes hunger and unhappiness.” - Mahatma Gandhi
The course in Textiles, Apparels and Made-ups pathway enables understanding of fibres, fabrics and quality control, textile embellishment techniques, principles of apparel manufacturing and measurement systems and introduction to traditional Indian textile techniques and handloom weaving. The course also sensitizes students to design to fashion trends in a sustainable way.
The sheer variety and craftsmanship extant in Indian textile traditions are unique in the world. Customers today need contemporary expressions of traditional textiles in addition to high quality editions of traditional wear and home textiles.
What you will learn
Level 4 (Year-1 Semester-1) & Level 5 (Year-1 Semester-2)
- Gain experience in surface embellishment, print and embroidery, basics of weaving and understanding of handloom
- Be able to create simple textile surface design and weaves
Level 6 (Year-2)
- Gain experience in weaving, can make patterns for garments
- Be able to put together catalogues and sales and marketing material
Level 7 (Year-3)
- Be able to design collections of garments, textiles or made ups with an understanding of end customer needs and aspirations and the ability to understand and work in a value chain of production
- Be able to look to start up their own enterprise or work in a small or medium scale manufacturing enterprise as designer, production co-ordinator or merchandiser
For more information, write to firstname.lastname@example.org