The Undergraduate Technical Program is a 3-year program that is based on the National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF- levels 5, 6 and 7). Consequently this program is designed to be industry focused, and aims to prepare its graduates for skill-based careers in the creative industries.
The 3 year Undergraduate Technical Program contains modules over each year with learning outcomes that are discrete and independent. Based on developing competencies this program prepares students for the job market.
The program has a competency framework with learning outcomes that allow for multiple pathways, horizontal as well as vertical.
Eligibility for Admission
Applicants will be considered in three categories and should have successfully completed any one of the following minimum educational qualifications under that category:
- Category 1
- NSQF Certification Level IV completed in any industry sector from CBSE, NIOS or any other recognized and approved community college or NSDC centre
- Diploma from State Board of Technical Education in the relevant industry sector
- Category 2
- NSQF Certification Level IV completed in an industry sector from CBSE or NIOS or any other recognized and approved community college seeking a change to another industry sector
- Recognition of Prior Learning equivalent to Level 4
- Category 3
- National and International Boards – CBSE / ISC / IB / AICE / A Level
- State Boards, Junior College, Intermediate, HSSC, PUC, Senior Secondary
- National Institute of Open Schooling, New Delhi (NIOS)- Senior Secondary completed High School Diploma (USA / CANADA)
Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc) degree awarded by Bangalore Central University.
A candidate must successfully complete the Undergraduate Technical Program admissions process that comprises of an entrance test followed by a portfolio review & interview.
Selection Protocols 2019
Selection Protocols 2019
(For Foreign Nationals)
Fee Schedule 2019 - for Indian Applicants
Fee Schedule 2019 - for International Applicants
What are the characteristics of a Technical Program?
The Technical Program at Srishti is based on the notion of work-based learning, which has been defined as
"Work-based learning (WBL) is an educational strategy that provides students with real-life work experiences where they can apply academic and technical skills and develop their employability." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Work-based_learning).
At Srishti the program goes beyond treating technical education as a lower classification in the hierarchy of higher educational opportunities and while it fulfills the mandate of the National Vocational Qualification Educational Framework –NVQEF - it works at the higher level of skills and competences needed for the creative industries, which is the fastest growing sector of the Indian economy.
At Srishti the Undergraduate Technical Program or UGTP has certain clear characteristics. They are:
- Duration of a minimum of 3 years to earn a university accredited degree – Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc.) in an area of specialization
- Has multiple points of entry and exit with certification as per the published norms
- Sequenced guidance and learning in work related tasks (defined as core competences and skills)
- Clear line of sight to work or employment in the relevant sector.
- Clear escalators to levels of higher learning (such as a PGDP/Masters etc.) (Click here to view)
- Work experience based learning (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Work-based_learning) through a clear and well articulated linkages program.
- Access to and evaluation by industry led standards
- Opportunities to become a specialist in a niche area of the industry
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view the (PDF) files that you download. This is a free program available from the Adobe web site. Follow the download directions on the Adobe web site to get your copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.