Postgraduate Diploma Program (PGDP)
Taught over two semesters this one-year graduate level program is designed to fulfill the standards set by Levels 8 of the National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF). It offers three distinct pathways in which a student can engage with the program, all of which differ in method and process of learning. All pathways require active learning, participation in seminars, peer reviews and also require independent learning mindsets.
Pathway 1: Bridge
The primary purpose of this pathway is to make it easier for a student to enter a Masters program in Art and Design even with three years of undergraduate education from a totally unrelated discipline. The program is foundational and will engender the essential skills needed to join Srishti’s Creative Arts or Design courses with its multiple choices of specialization.
- Design Computation
- Design-Led Innovation
- Earth Education and Communication
- Heritage Design, Planning and Management
- Public Space Design
- Urban Design, Sustainability and Conservation
- Contemporary Art Practice
- Animation and Visual Effects
- Creative Documentary Practice
- Curatorial Practices (Film, Media & Visual Arts)
- Public Art
- Design in Education
- Game Design and Development
- Impact Entrepreneurship
- Public History and Heritage Interpretation
- Technology and Change
After the Bridge pathway students could consider any of these options:
Postgraduate Professional Program in Design
Postgraduate Professional Program in Fine Arts
Postgraduate Professional Program in Planning
Pathway 2: Finish
The primary purpose of this pathway is to give students an opportunity to practice and learn by doing – specifically after three years in a quasi-design/creative program.
Students will learn from industry-trained professionals and contemporary artists. They’ll work on professional briefs in studios run in a range of creative disciplines. The core of the studio options offered under this pathway ranges from animation and advertising, to craft, product or furniture design, user interaction or media art.
Students who take the Finish pathway will find themselves transformed. Many new careers have emerged today which prize design thinking and creative and artistic expression. After their time at Srishti, students will be able to look at new professions and careers in a range of creative sectors where skilled professionals are in short supply. So, this pathway represents a real opportunity for students who chose to do a straight three-year course such as B.A./B.Sc./B.Litt. or service sector oriented programs such as hotel management or hospitality.
Pathway 3: Apprenticeship
This unique pathway is custom designed for graduates of four-year programs in either art or design to practice as an “apprentice” under a master artist, designer or film-maker.
Centres, Labs & Projects
Art in Transit (Art)ScienceBLR
Centre for Public History (CPH)
Design+Environment+Law Laboratory (DEL Laboratory)
LeNS LAB – Learning Network for Sustainability
Srishti Labs (Slabs)
Eligibility for Admission
Applicants should have successfully completed any one of the following:
- National and International Universities – 3 years Undergraduate Degree including 3 years Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc.) degree
- National and International Universities – 4 years Undergraduate Degree
- Graduates from design institutes with a 4 years Undergraduate Diploma in Art and/or Design
- Professional Institute – 5 years Undergraduate Degree
- 3 years Diploma in Art and Design from Srishti Institute of Art, Design and Technology or equivalent degree, into the PGDP FINISH stream of the PGDP subject to Board of Studies accepting the equivalence. All Diplomas have to be post 10 + 2 years of school education.
A Postgraduate Diploma will be awarded to students who successfully complete this program of study at Srishti
An applicant must successfully complete the Postgraduate Diploma Program admissions process as outlined in the SEAT protocol.
Selection Protocols 2019
Selection Protocols 2019
(For Foreign Nationals)
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view the (PDF) files that you download. This is a free program available from the Adobe web site. Follow the download directions on the Adobe web site to get your copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.